Third Suit: New Accuser In Elmo Saga
Looks like former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash is becoming the gay version of Tiger Woods, so to speak.
Now a third accuser has come forward claiming that they had underage sex with the one-time “Sesame Street” star when they were 16-years old.
The new accuser, now 29, claims that he and Clash, now 54, had sex in 2000.
Said accuser is filing his suit in Manhattan Federal Court on Tuesday, reports the New York Daily News. He will file under the name “John Doe” to keep his identity private.
His lawyer Jeff Herman will read pages from the filed lawsuit at a press conference on Tuesday.
Herman said the third accuser is from the South and was in high school when he came to New York 13 years ago for modeling work.
He said his client connected with Clash — who went under the pseudonym “Craig” and claimed to be only 30 years old — on a gay chat line. The two chatted for a couple of days and then Craig invited the 16-year-old to his apartment.
In the apartment, Herman said his client realized Craig was older than 30. They also engaged in “some sexual activity.”
Herman said his client met Clash again in 2003 and 2004, and over a period of time figured out who Clash was.
“He saw Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars,” said Herman.
Herman also represents Cecil Singleton, the second accuser who came forward last week and filed a $5 million lawsuit against Clash.
READ ALSO: Humping Around: No Underage Intercourse With Second Elmo Accuser