Hezekiah Walker Better


News

September 11, 2014

Tommy Talks: “Martin” Star Addresses Domestic Violence Accusations

Tommy Ford 1

Former “Martin” star Tommy Ford is embroiled in a nasty battle with the mother of his child.

There are reports that the comedic actor has had a restraining order filed against him by Vanessa Simmons, mother of his 12-year-old son.

Simmons filed documents in Fulton County, Georgia seeking generous child support and full custody of their son; as well as petitioned the court to have Ford pay her rent, car note, cell phone bill, utilities, medical bills and insurance costs. Additionally, she said she plans to move back home to Las Vegas, Nevada and wants the 52-year-old actor to handle all relocation costs and airfare for her and their son.

In addition to her financial requests, Simmons makes claims of both domestic violence and child abuse as well. She also states that Ford was married and had another girlfriend at the time in which they met, but he claimed he would divorce his wife and leave his other mistress to be with her. He never did.

Tommy Ford

Ford reached out to AlwaysAList.com to address the accusations against him and to set the record straight.

“First and foremost, I thank God for blessing me and my children and the thousands of family members, friends and fans who have sent me messages of love and support during this time. I want you all to know that I have never physically abused anyone and would never put my hands on a woman for that matter. Additionally, please know that there were several inaccuracies in the initial report and numerous outlets, including the most obvious, that there was never a restraining order issued against me. Instead, I filed a restraining order first earlier this year that was granted, and thereafter, under a court’s recommendation, it was established that the parents needed some mutual distance between us for the sake of the child. It is unfortunate during this very personal family matter some individuals have sought to ruin my name, reputation and career, in hopes of accomplishing their own selfish goals,” he offered.

Ford said while he wanted to detail the matters further, he was limited in what he could actually say because of the ongoing legal issue.

“Under advice of my counsel, I will not say much more at this time. I feel one hundred percent confident I will be vindicated and my name will be fully cleared. I ask that you reserve judgment, respect my privacy and continue to pray for all the individuals involved, including my children in particular, who have to painfully live with and read these horrible allegations, which they did not ask to be a part of each and every single day. Again, I thank God and know that God, like many of you, has my back and will continue to stand with me. Thank you so much for all your love and support,” he concluded.

Tommy Ford & son 

 






0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*

Why ask?

What is 13 + 6 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)